THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.05.2008

Rain

Oh my heavens. I am still riding the high of the endorphins from this AM's run. When I left the house at 615 it was humid and gray. Apprehension set in but I was determined to keep a conservative pace and stick it out for the whole two hours.

Arriving at Pratt Park near the one hour mark we heard a rumble of thunder. No lightning, so we continued on. When Lynne came back for me during a walk break we commented on the thunder and she said she'd had a moment of concern but that it seemed to have been fleeting. Thunder is very arrogant and doesn't like to be called fleeting so, in response to Lynne's remark the thunder decided to give us a long rumble, after which came a downpour. I was elated; I reached my arms up and greeted each drop with pleasure. It rained for about 30 minutes and left me with a light heart, a light step, and a joy I haven't felt in a long time.

I pushed through the two hours (approx 12 miles) and could have kept going. I felt the way I described in a recent post: I could have run forever. Thank you, rain, for the gift you gave me this morning.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter