THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.18.2008

The Boys

Dinner tonight with Adam and Ricardo, the balm to my sadness today. As soon as I arrived my mood lifted and by the third VERY VERY good glass of wine I was practically my old self. By the time we went to dinner at Marvin (which I highly recommend) I was my old self and was transforming into something even better.

Adam is a very kind young man. I did not butter a single piece of bread, I did not extract a single mussel, I did not have to do anything that would have been awkward. His actions spoke volumes and I have a deeper affection for him--if that's possible.

We are planning a slumber party for next week--dinner out and a run the following morning, without the 2+ hours of commute in between. I hope Adam doesn't care that he'll be running slower than usual...bless his heart.

So things are better, the sadness has passed, and I am back on track. Whew.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter