THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.23.2008

Tar-ghay

I love Target. I love that it is close to my house. I love that it is close to Paris Nails and that I can park in one spot to visit both. Which I did tonight.

I had to buy a birthday card and thought I would check to see if they had hairdryer stands (they do online).

I am looking for one because it is now impossible to hold the dryer with my right hand and, if I hold it with my left, I can't hold a brush at all. I drop drop drop drop the brush all the time. Maddening. A hairdryer stand would give me the ability to use both hands to hold the brush while the dryer just blows happily from its stationary position.

So. Visions of sleek and lovely hairstyles in my head I went to the hairdryer section at Target.

No luck with the stand. If you know me well you know I felt unfulfilled and wasn't ready to give up. What else might function as a hairdryer stand? A towel holder? Some bathroom fixture?

I wandered the aisles in the Home Improvement section with an open mind. I came upon something that looks very similar to this, but not so chunky ugly.

At only $2.99 I thought it was worth a shot--it'll get a test run tomorrow at the gym.

Oh, and the manicure is nice. She cut the nails a little shorter than I liked, but that's okay. I'd have probably broken one right away anyway.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter