THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


7.17.2008

Very Very Quiet

So. Today is one of those days where I feel good, feel upbeat, but in a very quiet sort of way. A couple people have asked if everything is okay--which it is--I'm just not as noisy! It's the right sort of mood for a quiet night at home.

My right hand is a little less swollen today but I've noticed a hard swollen spot at the base of my thumb on the inside--it's really noticeable and sort of grosses me out. My whole thumb is really pretty awful these days, but this new thing is just YUCK. I'll give it a few day and will call the dr if it doesn't go away. Not that there's anything to be done, but just to check in.

Coming back from the lab today (yes, blood test day), I saw a man on a recumbent bike. The handles were positioned such that he could rest his hands on them while his arms rested by his sides. I stopped him and asked if there was any stress on the arms and hands and he said no!

He advised these bikes are fairly pricey which may put a period to any plans I was plotting (oh yes, she can alliterate), but it would be so nice to be able to bike again. We'll see.

Oh, and I've solved the mystery. I suspect the foreign visitors will begin to abate soon since the keywords which I think brought them here aren't being mentioned in these newer posts. Not that they aren't welcome--they are--but the sudden influx was such a surprise!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter