THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.09.2008

Blahg, blahg, blahg.

Blog, blog, blog. What a blogger I've become. Even the most trivial, mundane events in my life must now be recorded. I've never journaled before....well, not since Nancy Brown and I tried to be Harriet the Spy in 5th grade (and we got in BIG trouble for that). So...to proceed.

I had another odd dream last night. I was at work, manning the door lock from my desk. The guy over at IJ across the hall asked if I would manage their buzzer too since they'd all be out of the office. I agreed. Their side of the building, having never been explored, was tempting so I walked over and found myself at the top of a staircase. I went down, but very carefully as the stairs were irregular and very sketchy. Several times I was unsure of my footing. Reaching the bottom, I found myself at the entrance to a long corridor. It was HORRIBLE, with rats running all around, and it smelled bad. I turned and went back up the stairs, again VERY carefully since climbing was difficult with the bad staircase. I reached the elevator lobby separating TIS from IJ and a friend, Dave L, was roller skating around in very pointy toed roller skates. He was very agile and competent on the skates and was able to roll underneath a nearby table. Dave turned into an old friend from high school (Kevin, they are alike in their features). That's all I remember.

Any thoughts as to what it all means? I'm thinking the stairs may represent the you-know-what. The rest of it I don't understand and I honestly haven't spent much time thinking about it.

To continue: I had a fabulous visit with Ken and JR. They are such good friends and I love them so much. They shared their books on Rome and Italy with me to help plan my European Adventure with the girls.

Beyond that, it's been a quiet, happy day. The pedi looks lovely if I do say so myself and I am ready to wiggle my toes in public.

As close as I was to unhappy yesterday, I am commensurately happy today. How nice to be able to enjoy the little treasures we are given each day.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter