THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.20.2008

Items.

Item the first:
Yoga last night was tres cool. The instructor told Jenny and me she'd researched ALS and advised me not to do anything where I had to bear weight on my hands and arms. I had decided this several weeks ago! Anyway, class last night seemed to be geared toward legs, core, and stretching. Jenny worked HARD and said she'll not go again without wearing a tank--the short sleeves were too hot! I didn't work quite so hard but enjoyed it nonetheless. It's a special way to spend time with Jen, which is the real reason I go.

Item the second:
Kendall has the racing bug! Prior to the Shamrock Half she declared she wasn't going to do any more races, but yesterday she was perusing the National Half website. She had such a good race in VA Beach it must've changed her mind. I'm all for it! The course isn't flat like Shamrock but she's stronger than she realizes and it'll be fine. A point I meant to make to her: running hills is GREAT for your glutes
.
Nearing the finish at Shamrock. Go Kendall!!

Item the third:
The twitching in the left arm and hand has become fairly constant. As well, I'm seeing signs that the left hand pinky is thinking rebellious thoughts. And I'm trying not to pay too much attention to the twitching I sometimes feel in my lips. Yes, my lips. For now I'm blaming fatigue--how's that for denial?!

Item the fourth:
The retirement account has taken a big hit. I'm very worried about money.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter