THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.06.2008

A Poem For Mom

I really haven't written much since I studied literature in college, but last night at yoga, mom and I experienced a nice little moment of eye contact. Wouldn't you know it inspired the living daylights outta me! This one's for you, Mama, wrote it with throbbing arms while sitting on my throbbing behind after class :)

*Teehee* notice the enjambment (word of the day)



She stretches,
holds a pose.
Daughter breathing
loudly beside her...
She goes as far as she can.
Her muscles are not
as they once were.
Body heat rises
as the music
and the breathing continue.
Filling all the body,
pushed out and sent
to where it will be used best.
They make blurry eye contact
in deep relaxation
and the moisture beneath
the eye comes from the heart.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter