THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.22.2008

Saturday

This morning was easy...slept in until 8, made some coffee, looked at the paper. I don't get many mornings like this, I'm usually running (no, I am NOT complaining). A morning like this now and again is a treat.

I also spent time this morning paying some bills. This time I had to write three checks--can you believe there are still bills that require actual checks?! Well, there are. My checks are becoming harder and harder to read as it becomes harder and harder to write. I use the fat pen and hold the pen the way that seems to work the best, but my handwriting is so messy. The first few letters are such a struggle and I am so clumsy. I would use my left hand except my left hand likes to write backwards and I don't think my creditors would understand! You and I know it's a sign of genius (she said humbly, haha!) but the Post carrier doesn't care how much of a genius I am--he wants my legible check.

A small success I want to share: I clipped my nail. I had to hold the clipper flat on the table and use my whole hand to push it, but it worked. Admittedly, it slipped several times and was awkward, but it worked. I am blissful in my independence.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter