THE ODDS (Debbie Does ALS)


3.06.2008

Now.

Mid 30's this morning--perfect for a run. I was tired but had promised myself I would do the 6.5 mile course this AM. Several times I almost talked myself out of it, or told myself I would shave off part or take the shorter route but, ultimately, I ran the whole course. What a gift--my breathing was strong, my pace was good, the hills weren't any fun but I didn't walk a single one. It was one of the best runs I've had in weeks.

And I ran the course in 61 minutes. Under a 10 minute pace. One of my dear friends, after being told this, laughed out loud. Reminded me of my assertion that I wasn't going to worry about time anymore...okay, guilty! I guess there's still some of that old competitiveness still flowing. Ha!

One thing I need to remember is that, diagnosis notwithstanding, I am a runner. It's not just what I do, it's who I am. I can't give in to the dark thoughts that pop up when I look down the road. It's all about now. Now is FABULOUS!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter